Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Erynn Mangum's Paige Alder Series ~ Reviewed




Erynn Mangum
  • Age Range: 12 and up 
  • Series: Paige Alder (Book 1)
  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: TH1NK (May 15, 2013 thru April 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1612912982

From book one: Page Torn

Paige Alder’s life is suddenly busier than she can handle. With no time for laundry and lucky to grab a cheese stick for dinner, it’s all she can do to get a precious few hours’ sleep. But when she meets attractive and thoughtful Tyler, will there be time for love?





Review: 

This trio of ARCS was sent to me a long time ago from the publicist and I've just been able to get to them. Is a late review better than no review? I'm going to just say yes .

Paige is young. 

At my mid-century mark I am more inclined to think like a mother figure than a girlfriend. But, I enjoyed Paige's coming of age story, broken into three novels, very much. 
Author Erynn Mangum writes with wit and paints very sympathetic and endearing characters. My favorite characters are Layla and Tyler. However, I don't know that I would want to be Layla's maid of honor. Just sayin.

Paige's world is in turmoil over a several month period and she has a lot of growing up and maturing that she is forced to do. The sweet relationship she has with her youth pastor friend is a really excellent picture of the mentoring and discipling that happens when the spiritually mature love, accept and help the ones who are quite there yet. 

If you need a chick-lit type series that is more about spiritual growth and less about fashion, here's a great one to start with. This would also be a safe clean read for teen girls who devour books. 

Reviewed by: Kelly Klepfer 

No comments: